Thursday, September 22, 2011

What would Ben Franklin do?


As Michael and I work on the sequel to The Battle for the Book of Good Deeds, we’re researching the lives of our nation’s Founding Fathers.  We’re also preparing for a couple upcoming book events at local libraries and loaded pictures into a new digital photo frame to display a slide show of our Walker adventures.  As these two activities intersected I felt a weight of responsibility descend onto my shoulders.  What would Ben Franklin and others, such as Thomas Jefferson, John and Abigail Adams, and Thomas Paine do in today’s circumstances with all the wonderful technology and communication devices we have at our fingertips?  Even though I have less computer expertise than an average 8 to 12 year old, I hope I will handle these blessings of liberty and technology wisely.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment